How Do I Get to Bridgewater Police Department Headquarters?

From Rt 22 West –  Take exit for Commons Way.  Go past the mall and over top of US 202-206.  Pass the NJDOT Maintenance Yard and make the right turn into the Municipal Complex.

From Rt 22 East –  Take US 202-206 North.  Then take the first exit (Commons Way).  Make a left at the top of the ramp.  Pass the NJDOT Maintenance Yard and make the right turn into the Municipal Complex.

From Rt 287 North –  Take exit for US 22 West and following above directions for US 22 West.

From Rt 287 South – Take exit for US 202-206 South.  Take first exit for Commons Way.  Make right at the light.  Pass the NJDOT Maintenance Yard and make the right turn into the Municipal Complex.

I noticed a street light is out or is flickering?

Click on this link to PSE&G’s Streetlight Out reporting form.

I just got into a motor vehicle accident.  What should I do next?

First you should call the Police. If someone is injured or there is some other type of emergency, call 911.  For non-emergencies call 908-722-4111.  The Police Officer will give you a CASE NUMBER.  You should call your insurance company within 24 hours of the accident.  In five (5) working days you may call our Records Bureau (908-722-4111 ext 5) to confirm the accident report is ready.

How do I obtain a temporary handicap parking permit?

Residents must obtain an application from our police headquarters.  They must have it certified by his/her physician.  The application must be completed and returned to the Bridgewater Police Department with a $4.00 check or money order (Do NOT SEND CASH) made payable to NJMVC.  The application may be dropped off at any time, however the permits are only issued between 8:30am until 4:00pm Monday thru Friday.

How do I put my house on the Vacation Watch List?

It’s easy! Fill out the form and either bring it to our Headquarters or if you cannot make it here fax the form to (908) 722-8246, ATTN: Watch Commander.

Are tinted windows illegal?

The answer to this question is complicated. Tinted windows are not illegal per se. NJ 39:3-75.1 allows for certain tinting materials on windshields and windows for medical reasons with written certification from an eye doctor and approval from the Director of DMV. The statute to enforce after market tint is 39: 3-77; unapproved equipment. Every piece of equipment on a vehicle needs to be approved by DOT, and have a DOT number. After market products such as tint have never been approved by DOT.

I just received a traffic ticket. What must I do next?

You may plea guilty and pay the ticket or plea NOT guilty and schedule a court date.  If you wish to plea guilty, you may respond to our Violations Bureau at the Bridgewater Municipal Complex or go to www.njmcdirect.com to pay the ticket.  If you plea NOT guilty, call our Violations Bureau (908-725-6375) at least 7 days prior to the court date listed on the front of the ticket.  If the “Court Appearance Required” is checked you MUST APPEAR in court on the date and time listed, even if you wish to plea guilty.

When can I come to Police Headquarters to be fingerprinted for my job?

Our fingerprinting hours are every Wednesday from 12pm until 7pm.  We fingerprint for township residents only for federal purposes (FBI Background Check), Non-New Jersey (out of state) Background Checks, and Volunteer Firefighter/Rescue Squad Members.  All other fingerprinting is done by Sagem Morpho. To schedule an appointment log on to: www.bioapplicant.com/nj or call 877-503-5981.We do NOT  fingerprint for the following state agencies:  Dept. of Human Services, Division of Banking and Insurance, Division of Consumer Affairs, NJ Motor Vehicle Commission, Administrative Office of the Court, NJ State Police Firearms Unit, Dept. of Education, Division of Health and Senior Services, Division of Gaming Enforcement, NJ/NY Waterfront Commission, NJ State Police Private Detective Unit, NJ State Police Solid Hazardous.